Arizona is home to a flourishing, innovative, sustainable economy that supports prosperous, diverse, well-educated communities within a spectacular and cherished healthy environment.
Sustainable Arizona® is the process by which communities, businesses, civic and social groups, educational and environmental organizations collaborate to create self-reliant local economies that support thriving, diverse communities across the West.
Sustainable Arizona® engages leaders in economic development, education and community enhancement to pursue sustainable development.
We accomplish this mission through:
- the ongoing support of teachers and schools that implement education for sustainability practices and natural systems learning in the classroom
- the education of the public and elected officials on the necessity and benefits of taking effective action to combat climate change and develop local resilient communities
- the collaboration with business, civic and governmental organizations that are working towards sustainability goals
- the networking, development and promotion of green businesses and practices
- the acquisition and delivery of information on new resources, systems, technologies and methods for achieving sustainability
- the promulgation of the Sustainable Arizona Leadership model that fosters collaborations towards the creation of thriving local economies and communities